This is a demonstration of covering and decorating a cake with fondant. The cake is chilled and kept aside for covering. Fondant is bought from a cake decorating shop in bulk of about one pound as less is hardly available. The fondant is kneeded like a bread dough and made smooth and soft. The dough is rolled by a rolling pin after spraying a little corn starch on both sides so that it does not stick to the table or the rolling pin. It is rolled upto a thickness of 1/4" to 1/8" thick if the cake is smooth or thicker if the cake is rough with undulations.
The rolled fondant is placed on top of the cake and smoothened with a trowel, care is taken to remove the air pockets by pricking them with inclined pin pricks. The sides of the cake is also covered with the fondant trowel pressed and air pockets removed. Decorations for the cake can be done from the same sheet of fondant by cutting concentric circles. The lower edge of the cake can be decorated with icing jet with press pull dots which look attractive.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades