The clock 'til countdown is ticking, but there's still some time left before the new year arrives. Try this last-minute recipe for New Year's Eve ball drop cupcakes from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. They look pretty pro, but are actually quite simple to make.
- silver gumballs (try Michaels)
- silver sprinkles
- lollipop sticks
- black gel food coloring
- donut holes
- melted chocolate (NOT baking chocolate, but any kind of candy bar chocolate will do)
- frosted cupcakes (most any of these recipes will do)
Here's the short and skinny: Color the lollipop stick with the black food coloring. Stick a silver gumball on the top. Dip the donut holes in melted chocolate and coat with silver sprinkles. Refrigerate. Once set, slide through the bottom of the lollipop stick. Adhere with melted candy. Highlight donut hole with yellow frosting and insert ball drop in already-made (and frosted) cupcake.
For more details, make sure to check out the full instructions over on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's site.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades