This is a great quick and easy recipe and a great healthy alternative to store-bought frosting. My husband and children love this frosting, and it's also a hit at my PTA meetings. It goes great on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or anything you desire to put frosting on.
I made this recipe because I wanted to limit the amount of preservatives I feed my family. I love making things from scratch that can be made healthier at home. It also tastes much better than anything I have tried off the shelf. I find that to be true with everything I make from scratch with more natural ingredients.
You don't have to use organic ingredients. I don't, but you can if you desire.
Thank you for reading this article, and I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 4 cups of powered sugar
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add 1 stick of softened butter to a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Slightly mix the butter and vanilla extract together.
- Now add the 4 cups of powdered sugar to the bowl.
- Slowly mix all of the ingredients together.
- This recipe is meant to be made with a tabletop or hand mixer.
- This frosting should not be runny.
- To those of you who are using a tabletop mixer, please be sure to use the wisp attachment.
- If you somehow make it too runny, add more powdered sugar.
- Be sure to mix all ingredients gradually.