A rose is a rose is a cake. With this delectable how-to, you'll learn how to decorate a cake with arresting rose flowers and elegant scrollwork.
To follow along, you'll need the following tools:
Flower Nail No. 7
8 x 3 in. Round Pan
Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set (vine patterns used)
Aster Mauve Icing Color
Juniper Green Icing Color
Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
Makes: Cake serves 10.
Several days before decorating cake, make roses. Prepare 6 cups royal icing; tint 3 cups icing dark mauve and the remaining 3 cups light mauve. Using the flower nail, make 20 tip 104 roses with tip 12 bases in each shade. Let dry completely. Make extras to allow for breakage.
Bake and cool 1-layer round cake. Tort layers. Stack cake layers on foil-wrapped cake board using buttercream icing as a filling.
Spatula ice cake smooth with buttercream icing; let set about 15 minutes. Dip pattern press into cornstarch, then randomly imprint design on cake sides. Using buttercream, pipe tip 2 balls on imprinted areas. Add tip 5 bead bottom border. Pipe tip 12 mounds of icing at various heights on cake top; position roses on mounds. Pipe tip 352 leaves with green buttercream icing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades