Pastry Chef Anne Heap demonstrates how to use a pastry bag, as well as techniques for decorating cupcakes. Frosting a cake or cupcakes with a pastry bag is much easier than using a knife. The bags come with many different styles of tips. Just choose the tip you want to use, fill the bag with frosting, squeeze to apply the frosting, pull up and let go.
Once the frosting is on, the cupcakes can be decorated in various ways, including dipping them into shredded coconut and adding ornaments. It's easy to make cute ornaments out of fondant, which is an edible sugar dough. Just roll the dough out thin and cut out the design with a cookie cutter. Or you can roll the fondant into balls and form it into shapes.
When decorating it‚Äôs best to keep it simple, remember that less is more. If you keep the cake all one color mistakes won‚Äôt be noticed. Cakes or cupcakes are much more impressive when displayed on a special cake plate or a tiered stand.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades