It seems that cupcakes are the designer foodstuff of choice these days. They're really not all that different from cakes (they're made from the same dough, after all), but their miniature size makes them individually portioned for convenience and also a great base for adorable decor.
Just take these googly-eyed monsters, for instance. These monsters are not scary at all, instead coming across as sweet (literally) with vanilla icing colored with bright hues of food dye. They each possess a cute candy button nose. These cupcakes are perfect for a kid's birthday party if you're looking for a unique treat the kids are sure to enjoy.
2/3 cup butter -- softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons cream or milk
In a bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in vanilla and enough cream or milk until desired spreading consistency. 1 batch frosts a 2-layer, 13 x 9-inch cake or about 2 doz cupcakes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades