Crumb coating, also known as dirty icing, a cake, does not, as its name suggests, mean adding crumbs to the outer coating of a cake. Instead, crumb coating is the step that most pastry chefs take to make sure that all the loose crumbs on a cake are trapped in an initial coat of icing so that when you add the second (and actual) icing layer no crumbs mix with the icing and look bad.
Check out this cake decorating tutorial to learn how to crumb coat a cake.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades