If you want to get serious about decorating your cakes and cupcakes then you have to know how to ice them properly. The biggest mistake beginners make is that they hold the piping bag in the center and just squeeze the icing out. But this method lacks control and makes some extra icing ride up and out of the bag.
Check out this video to learn how to frost a cake properly by holding it between your palm and thumb.
Gabrielle Feuersinger, owner of San Francisco's Cake Coquette, demonstrates the proper way to use a piping bag (also known as a pastry bag) to frost a cake or cupcake. You shouldn't grab it from the middle, since that will just cause frosting to fall out of the back of the bag. Give the bag a twist for the most control.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades