This video is a demonstration on how to make a festive and colorful birthday cake. The frosting on the cake is made of rolled fondant, which comes in bright colors already made. Roll the fondant about 1/8" thick. The cake should have a thin layer of buttercream frosting on it. Lay the fondant over the cake and mold the fondant over it with your hands, trimming the extra off the bottom. Fondant can also be used for decorations on the cake. They cut out squares of fondant to make birthday presents, little circles, and long strips which they curl around a lollipop stick. Some of the fondant is pressed into molds to make shapes. Allow the shapes to dry and remove them with a toothpick. To decorate with a sponging technique, dip a damp paper towel or plastic wrap in colorful icing and dab it onto the cake. Use thinned buttercream icing to pipe words onto the cake. Make marble sized balls of fondant and put them around the bottom of the cake to make a colorful border. The fondant cut-outs are placed onto the cake to finish the decorating. This video shows lots of different ideas for ways to decorate a cake.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades