Butter cream frosting isn't only delicious but allows for great decorating possibilities. It can be a little difficult to create smooth surface to of the frosting if bubbles have created pock marks when laid, but as the video demonstrates you can use a smoothing tool to get that perfect service with a little work. Using a delivery bag and more colored butter cream you can create tropical flowers for a paradise cake.
The cake was just my basic yellow cake with some chocolate chips added, yum!!
For a while there I used to obsess about there being bubbles in my buttercream, I obsessed because I read about everyone else obsessing so I thought I was doing something wrong. Sugarshack has a great method for making bubble-free buttercream, I haven't tried it but I know a lot of people have success with that. The main thing is, I realized I was worrying for nothing. Yes, it is easier to smooth a cake that doesn't have bubbles, but the bubbles can be easy to smooth, as you saw in the video, start to finish went pretty quickly. The over-mixing might cause more bubbles, but they're easier to smooth because the buttercream is softer and creamier. Well, that's my theory behind it anyway :D
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades