Rose Levy Beranbaum demonstrates how to make a simple and delicious chocolate ganache frosting, and gives tips for frosting the cake. Only two ingredients are needed - 12 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, whichever you prefer, and 1 2/3 cups of heavy cream. Grate the chocolate in the food processor, then with the motor running pour in the cream, and it's done. However, it needs to sit for a few hours to thicken. You can refrigerate it but don't stir it. When you're ready to frost the cake, start with a large dollop of frosting so it doesn't lift the crust off the cake. A turntable makes the frosting easier. If you will be putting on a top layer it's a good idea to freeze the frosted layer for five minutes to set it. Place the top layer on carefully and frost the top first. Then using large dollops of frosting, cover the sides, using a back and forth motion with the spatula. When you're done you will have a beautifully frosted cake.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades