How to Make & decorate margarita cupcakes
Cinco de mayo is just around the corner so for your fiesta try out these margarita cupcakes. These are perfect for kids and adults alike because there is no alcohol in them but they have all the color and fun that you expect from a Mexican party.
Baking liners or silicone
* 1 package (18.25 oz.) white cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
* 1 can (10 oz.) frozen Margarita mix, thawed (undiluted)
* 3 egg whites
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
* Butter cream icing with lime zest (optional)
* Garnish: strawberries and lime twists (optional)
Home » Recipes » Margarita Cupcakes
Tropical flavor was never easier to do! Frozen drink mix takes the place of water to make a simple-to-do cake mix. Add festive decorations to carry the warm-weather theme.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking liners in muffin pans or spray silicone cups with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, Margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil using electric mixer. Stir in lime zest; mix completely. Fill cups 2/3 full.
Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely. Ice cooled cupcakes with icing.
Makes 24 cupcakes.