Dressing up a cake with gum-paste flowers does not have to be difficult. Just follow the steps outlined by Brandi in this video tutorial to learn how to make gum-paste hibiscus flowers. To begin, buy some silk hibiscus flowers to use as a template for the flower. You will also need a petal mold. Brandi uses an orchid petal mold that she already had. You will need to roll the gum-paste out and then place it into the petal mold. Make sure to sprinkle some corn starch on the mold to make sure it does not stick. Use kitchen scissors to cut away the excess gum-paste Take this petal and place it onto the silk flower. Use the ball tool to press it down into the silk flower mold. Paint a small amount of vodka in the center so that the petals stick to one another. A tiny piece of a cotton ball can be placed at the end of the petal to create a little bit of movement. Once the gum-paste dries, you will be left with a gum-paste hibiscus flower that can be used to decorate cakes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades