Ever wonder how the chefs on TV make those realistic looking cakes? Well, this tutorial will show you how to make an adorable looking ladybug for the top of your cake. In this two part video, you will learn how to make a shiny fondant (gum paste) ladybug with edible antennae.
You will use rice noodles and an edible varnish (confectioner's glaze).
*You can find rice noodles easily at your local supermarket, in the Asian food section and dye them with food coloring.
*Confectioner's glaze can be purchased online if your local cake supply store doesn't have it.
*To dye the rice noodles:
Boil some water, dissolve desired amount of gel food color in it and then drop dry noodles in.
Let the noodles soak up the color for about 20 minutes, then take them out and spread on a sheet of foil and let dry.
Store in an airtight container as soon as they are dry.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades