Adorn your decorative cake with hand crafted fondant icing roses with help from this cake decorating tutorial. To make one of these adorable roses, follow these steps:
1. It's important to have a decent sized work area, so make sure you have enough room, and place powdered sugar all over your work area. This is so the fondant won't get too sticky.
2.Next, get your fondant/gumpaste. Nead the icing so that it isn't hard and is easy to use.
3. Roll out a ball of the icing. Pinch the top so it becomes pointy (more like a nub) on one side. Set your nub to the side for later use.
4. Make another ball of icing. Mold it into a snake by rubbing the icing between your hands.
5. Flatten the 'snake'. Take one side and make it flatter than the other side.
6. Now take your snake, making sure the flatter side is on the top. Take the numb and roll the flattened snake so it is one circle above the nub. Keep spiraling it down the rest of the flower. This is suppose to be your bud.
7. Put that to the side, and make another ball. Flatten out the ball and make it very flat one one side. Wrap it around the bud.
8. Keep doing that (those are your petals). Keep wrapping them around until your satisfied with the look.
9. The left over fondant at the bottom can easily be cut off with a knife, or pinched off.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades