This video shows you how to use couplers for cake decoration using these steps:
1. Couplers usually come in two plastic pieces, a base and a ring. This system fits inside cake decorating bags or cones and allows you to use the same icing with different tips.
2. Choose which type of decorating bag/cone you would like to use. In this tutorial, a disposable plastic pastry bag is used.
3. Insert the coupler base into the chosen pastry bag/cone.
4. Find where the helical groove or thread of the coupler begins and note to cut there with scissors. (I rub the grooves with my thumb to leave an impression for a reference point.)
5. Push back the coupler base and cut bag.
6. Reinsert the coupler base and cap it with a tip.
7. To secure your decorating tip, screw on the coupler ring. To interchange tips, unscrew ring, insert new tip and secure again.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades