There's a big, BIG difference between professional cake decorating and what most of us do after we've baked a cake - i.e., slathering a bunch of storebought icing onto our cupcakes with a spatula and patting the clumps down.
If you want your cakes and cupcakes to look tres chic and very refined, check out this video to learn how to sculpt beautiful buttercream roses.
The key here is to ensure that the thick end of your petal tip is always at the bottom and the thinner end is on top. To practice this technique, use a flower nail - widely available in cake shops.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades